HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADOS: The importance of Avocados cannot be overemphasized as potassium is a main health component of the fruit — this is a nutrient that helps promote healthy heart contraction and reduces, thereby reducing high blood pressure and promoting general well being of an individual.
Download music fast here
But just one avocado can contain about 15 percent of the recommended daily potassium intake, which is 4.7 g. this is similar to the energy that would have been provided by 2 or 3 bananas.
Basic Nutritional content of avocados
According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), these are the nutritional contents for about one-half, or 68 grams (g), of an avocado:
• Vitamin B 6 0.2 mg
• Monounsaturated fatty acids 6.7 g
• Calories 114
• Dietary fibres 6 g
• Total sugar 0.2 g
• Potassium 345 milligrams (mg)
• Sodium 5.5 mg
• Magnesium 19.5 mg
• Vitamin A – 43 micrograms (μg)
• Vitamin E 1.3 mg
• Vitamin K 14 μg
Avocados are loaded with nutrients such as vit. C, vit. K, vit. B, Vit. E and Vit. A (Retinol) Avocados are also a good source of dietary fiber (which helps to prevent constipation and improves digestion), which helps reduce the risk of heart diseases, diabetes (type 2) and abnormal body fat (diabetes).
Looking for scholarship? Apply here
According to the California Avocados website, dietary fiber is known to create balance and a feeling of satiety in an individual who takes it; which can prevent snacking for a long period of time. This is the reason why health benefits of avocados are often considered as great foods for weight loss. How?
Eating Avocados Help You Lose Weight and Improves Health in the following ways:
- Abbey Sharp, RD, stated that including avocado to your diet can promote a healthy complexion. Its vitamin C content reduces skin inflammation, accelerate wound healing, and soothe dry skin.
- Avocado oil boosts collagen production, further reducing signs of aging, research suggests. This is one of the health benefits of avocados.health benefits of avocados
- Avocado may help you lose weight because it contains monounsaturated fat. Another characteristic is that avocados makes waistline-friendly. Their fiber, Not only that it is monounsaturated fat good for you, but their fiber fills you up, according to Abbey Sharp, RD, for every 100 g of avocado, you get about 7 g of fiber.
- Moreover, avocados contain potassium, dietary fiber, and fats (monosaturated). Only avocado oil is almost two-thirds (71 percent) monounsaturated fatty acids — popularly known as “good fats” shown to lower or keep the cholesterol level normal; according to the Diary Council of califonia. These important contents add to a number of health benefits.